For Christmas this year- I had no idea what to get Ryan, no surprise there. He's probably one of the hardest people to shop for, because he has a steel grip insistence that he doesn't need anything. Very romantic and all (lol), but this means I of course stress out whether or not I got him the right thing until after he opens it. However- this idea was fool-proof. This is the perfect gift for a long distance relationship, but I have to credit my mother for the idea.
I just shipped his cookies today....but at least it was postmarked the 31st!! You know me- always running around like crazy. Anyways- if you are not so great in the kitchen- I swear that these cookies are not only easy, but will impress your friends, family, significant other, or any chocolate/caramel lover.
Not only do I owe my mother for the present idea, but my first cookie batch. I didn't believe her when she told me, but all you need is 1 egg, a half stick of butter/margarine, 18 pecans, and the secret ingredient.....a box of Ghiradelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix.....yes BROWNIE MIX.
Caramel Brownie Cookies
Makes 18, 2-1/2 inch cookies
- 1 box of Ghiradelli Carmel Turtle Brownie Mix (1 pouch mix and 1 pouch carmel)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 18 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In large bowl, place brownie mix, butter and eggs. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed 1 minute or until dough forms
- Drop by rounded tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, press indentation into center of cookie dough and fill with caramel.
- Place 1 pecan half on top of caramel
- Bake 11-13 minutes.